Wed, Feb 16|
Free Event: Get Sync'd Sooner featuring music supervisor Jody Friedman
Nashville writers often find themselves disappointed because their latest song didn’t get picked up by a music supervisor. Don't let your Country influences limiting your chances of getting sync placements! Learn what you need to know from music supervisor Jody Friedman
Time & Location
Feb 16, 2022, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM CST
About the event
Are your Country influences limiting your chances of getting sync placements? Nashville writers often find themselves disappointed because their latest song didn’t get picked up by a music supervisor. They believe they've just written an amazing Pop song and produced a killer record, but to LA ears it leans too Country. Understanding how to write songs and produce records with sync licensing in mind is key to getting placements.
Jody Friedman is a music supervisor and sync rep. He’s licensed over 10,000 songs from hundreds of songwriters and grossed over $1.75 million in license fees. Together we’ll break down what works and what doesn’t work about Country music in sync licensing.
In this free event you will:
- Gain insight into how music supervisors think so you know what types of songs they are looking for
- Learn how to successfully license your music without having to spend years networking and building relationships with Music Supervisors
- Understand why lyrical content can make or break your chances of getting licensed
- Explore how you can craft a song for sync without sacrificing the quality of the song itself
- Go behind the scenes on a project to thoroughly understand why the musical choices worked for that project